We are hosting a third public open house in advance of our d
Ownership Made Easy
3 simple steps that will change your life
We provide three key elements that help make the dream of home ownership a practical reality for moderate-income Calgarians: attractive home prices, forgivable equity loans and a shared appreciation plan that provides you with a financial stake in the equity of your new home. Simply put: the longer you reside in your attainable home, the larger your share of its equity becomes.
No matter how you slice it, buying a home is a major milestone in life. It represents big things like stability, equity, pride and achievement. And it means hundreds of little things like having a pet if you feel like it, or painting a feature wall in your living room chocolate brown without asking anyone's permission. Whatever home ownership represents to you, our team is standing by to make it happen.
This is not some abstract plan for the future; this is a reality we can create for you right now if you fit the following simple criteria:
- Maximum household income of $90,000/yr for single and dual parent families with dependent children living in the home
- Maximum household income of $80,000/yr for singles and couples with no dependent children living in the home
- Your assets are less than 20 per cent of the home’s purchase price (excluding primary vehicle, RESP, RRSP & pension)
- You can qualify for a mortgage and put $2,000 of your own money down
- You're willing to take part in one of our home education sessions
- Your Attainable Home will be your permanent sole residence
Upon your acceptance as an AHCC client, you can choose from a variety of our homes in different parts of the city. Spacious, well-appointed homes with modern appliances, designer fixtures and close proximity to schools, parks and amenities. The last step is simple: When you fall in love with one of the beautiful, attainable homes you see listed on this Website, we provide you with a gifted down payment and you move in!
The following three steps are all it takes for middle-income Calgarians to start living their lives as new home owners:
Are you ready to get started living the life you've always pictured but could never seem to attain on your own?